Gold Doily Card

Hello friends,

I fell in love with heat embossing when I saw few calligraphy folks using it in their posts on Instagram. And there.. I got stuck in the trap of all that melts!

I wanted to try heat embossing on my doily stamp set. To tell you the truth, doily isn't really a great pattern to emboss because it's too intricate! Anyways, I had made my own static powder tool which I wanted to  try and see if it helps.

I wanted the sentiment to be the focal point as in the muse , I used a masking tape to make a window for my sentiment, which is different words of different sets put together and also a little handlettering as few words weren't available as stamps. Around the sentiment I put my doily stamp and heat embossed with the gold EP. And tadaaa.. the Gold laden card, one layer card..  for a friend who's like a little sister to me.. Celebrating Birthday and friendship. Our Friendship is precious than Gold.

The part I loved the most is that.. some embossing powder from the 'Happy' got sprinkled on the 'Birthday', giving a cool effect.


     Hope you liked this 
Gold Embossed Doily Card.

Linking this card to



Timeoutchallenge- 86




Addictedtostamps - making my mark with gold embossing :)

Comments

  1. I love how people are so creatuve abd how they each interpretate the Muse card and love your interpretation! Thank you for joining in over at Muse this week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. you are so kind Jenni..am Thankful for your lovely words for my interpretation to the muse :)

      Delete
  2. This looks lovely - I love the shimmer and I think the doilies embossed perfectly well, but there are super-fine embossing powders made specifically for intricate stamps - sounds like you've been bitten by the embossing bug for sure - it's the thing that makes everyone say 'wow!' So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much Ardyth! Am so Thankful to you for sharing about super fine embossing powders, I'll be careful while purchasing..I really had no clue about it.. I'll be careful with regards to what I emboss next time. You are one lady whom I have learnt so much from..am so glad I found you :)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to frame the sentiment with the gold doiley. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much Wynn, am glad you liked it!

      Delete
  4. Good job on your one layer embossed card. Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Sparkle or Shine Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rich gold of the embossed doilies.
    Thanks for making your mark at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much Julie.. Am glad you liked my mark of gold doilies 😍

      Delete
  6. Hello…. You have made a beautiful embossed card… your friend will love it. Thanks for entering it into the ‘Friendship’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diane, Thankyou very much for your kind words.. am happy you liked it!

      Delete
  7. Oh this is so nice! Love the gold!! Thank you for playing at Crafting With Dragonflies! I can’t wait to see more from you soon!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those golden doilies look absolutely elegant and I love the way they frame the sentiment, great card! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much Nonni.. am so glad you liked it!

      Delete
  9. I love making one-layer cards and totally understand how they can be the hardest to design. This is brilliant and you did so well embossing that beautiful doily stamp too. And I wish I had your hand-writing skills. So glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your kind words Shona. Am glad you like my hand writing :)

      Delete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish