Wax resist watercolouring - Resist Technique

Hello everyone,
 


This week it was Birthday of this special lady who was my first boss's wife. Out of Academy to this new world of the Air Force, Shonima ma'am showered love upon me and now after almost 9 years the bond has only got stronger. She is not just a senior, she is a friend, a sister, a mother.. very special to me!

I was searching for wax resist technique on Google and found a crafty friend's Blog with the wax resist technique using crayon. So I decided I would try this.


I used a crayon to draw free hand flowers and used water colours to color them. For the sentiment I used a stamp I had bought from Itsy bitsy, stamped with memento ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I took a crystal and put as a dot on the i of the Birthday. 

I am happy that a quick card could be made with nothing but a crayon.. no need for going through my limited stamp stash :P

Hope you like it ma'am!

Linking this for


Comments

  1. Love your free hand flowers! Very impressive! Turned into a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much Nancy.. so sweet of you 😍

      Delete
  2. I don't think I can hand draw a flower as good as you did. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you to say that.. thankyou so much Clemente! But actually that's just scribbling not even drawing!

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty card, love those flowers and your pretty colours. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
    Hugs
    Kathie PPCC~DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much Kathie.. Am so glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  4. It's a lovely card and I just love fun techniques! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and please play along again!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tammy..I love to learn new techniques.. and this was real fun!

      Delete
  5. I am really proud after seeing your blog. You such a brave girl with creative mind. Thanks for sharing such a lovely technique. I love the pinky roses....Ohhhh!!! they are real beauty...

    Hugs,
    UrooCreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww.. so sweet of you to visit! Am so sorry I didn't see this before. Thankyou so much Uroo Creations :)

      Delete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish